Ben plans to give Zippity his carrots, as he doesn't like them. Maddie tells him that they are good for him, which leads to Barney and the kids learning more about healthy foods and the four food groups. From a silly story about a boy only eating noodles to making Mish Mash Soup, the group has fun learning about the food that keeps our bodies fit. Barney introduces his old friend Shawn, who sings about how farmers grow food and about a bird's "silly supper." As a final surprise, Barney decides to have an after school picnic, with all the different healthy foods. After Ben tries a carrot left over from the picnic, he suddenly likes carrots.
Nutrition and Keeping Healthy
- Barney Theme Song
- Aiken Drum
- Mish Mash Soup
- Apples and Bananas
- Peanut Butter
- The Milk Song
- Oats, Peas, Beans and Barley Grow
- Silly Supper
- Snackin' on Healthy Food
- Be Our Guest
- I Love You
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Baby Bop (Body: Jenny Dempsey, Voice: Julie Johnson) (cameo)
- Joey (Joey Wade)
- Shawn (John David Bennett II) (Guest appearance)
- Abbie (Abbie Fritz)
- Maddie (Maddie fritz)
- Ben (Patrick Kemp)
- In international cuts, Peanut Butter and the Milk Song were cut off. In addition, in the Israeli production, Barney notes his favorite food as hummus as opposed to peanut butter. The person who stops by in this version is singer Sharon Bur.
- The title of this episode is a pun on the phrase "Eat, drink, and be merry...".
- Although Kaylee doesn't appear in this episode, her teddy bear is seen in her cubby.
- This is the first time Barney and the kids sing the whole "I Love You" song together.
- According to this episode, Abbie's favorite food is macaroni and cheese, which (later in the series) was labeled as Baby Bop's favorite, Maddie's favorite food is salad, Ben's favorite food is birthday cake, and Joey's favorite food is cold watermelon.
- This is the first time Barney is not seen coming to life.
- Barney starts to sound a little less like the BYG videos since this episode except his deep voice.