Listening to Different Sounds is a Custom Barney & Friends Episode that aired in Janurary 4, 1995. It was the second episode of a mini season to promote Season 3.
Barney, B.J and the kids listen to different sounds. While they listen to them they learn something about that sound too. They even make silly sounds!
- Barney Theme Song
- It's A Beautiful Day
- Five Senses Song
- The Airplane Song
- Hurry, Hurry, Drive the Firetruck
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt
- The Popcorn Song
- Silly Sounds
- Indoor-Outdoor Voices
- Everyone is Special
- I Love You
- Playground: It's a Beautiful Day, Five Senses Song, Listen, The Airplane Song, Hurry, Hurry, Drive the Firetruck)
- School Classroom: John Jacob Jingerheimer Schmidt, The Popcorn Song, Silly Sounds, Indoor-Outdoor Voices
- Treehouse: Everyone is Special, I Love You
- Treehouse Balcony
- Barney has his Season 3 voice and Late 1993/1994-1997 costume.
- B.J has his Season 3 voice and Late 1994-1995 costume.
- The Barney costume used in this episode was also seen in "Barney's Sense-Sational Day".
- The musical arrangements used in this episode were also heard in Hoo's in the Forest?".
- Season 2's I Love You is taken from "Barney's Imaginary Vacation!", "Look at Me, I'm 3!" and "My Favorite Things", except Baby Bop's vocals are omitted.
- After the "Barney Theme Song", when the kids arrive to the school playground, the music from "Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose" (when Min and Julie are reading books, and Shawn plays a dump truck) is used.
- After "It's a Beautiful Day, the kids hear Barney's voice before coming to life.
- This is another time that the kids hear Barney's voice before coming to life.
- During a scene where the kids hear Barney's voice before coming to life, the music from "Barney's Musical Magical Adventure" (when Min arrives with the Barney doll) is used.
- When Barney comes to life, and the kids hugged him, the music from "Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!" (when Barney says "My, my, what a welcome!", and then the kids say "Hi Barney" and hug him).
- Before "The Senses Song", when BJ arrives through the school gate and says "Hi everybody! What's going on?!", the sound clip is the same one from "Barney Safety".
- When BJ greets Barney and the kids, the music from "May I Help You?"
- Michael wore the same clothes in "Hoo's in the Forest?" and "Stop, Look & Be Safe!".
- Carlos wore the same clothes in "Barney's Sense-Sational Day".
- Kim wore the same hair-style and clothes in "Barney's Sense-Sational Day".
- Tosha wore the same hair-style and clothes in "Barney's Sense-Sational Day".
- Before the song The Popcorn Song, Barney tells BJ, and the kids that we can have some fresh popcorn, and he uses his magic to have a popcorn popper machine with popping popcorn sounds, and bags of popcorn on it.
- Before the "I Love You" song, when BJ and the kids tell Bayrney about their fun listening to sounds, the music from "Hoo's in the Forest" (when the kids thank Barney for taking them to the forest) is used.
- After the "I Love You" song, when BJ leaves to sparkle and disappear, the music from "Having Tens of Fun" (when Barney and the kids are opening a box with a surprise about a rhyme that Mr. Tenagain wrote) is used.
- After BJ leaves to sparkle and disappear, when the kids say "Bye" to Barney and leave the treehouse, and the Barney doll (who's sitting on the table) winks), the music from "Stop, Look and Be Safe" (when the kids say "Bye" to Barney and leave the playground, and the Barney doll winks) is used.
- (after the song It's a Beautiful Day, the kids laugh)
- Tosha: It's fun to play outside on a beautiful day.
- Carlos: And even though It's a beautiful sunny day outside, We can listen to some sounds around here. Now come on everybody! Let's listen!
- (the kids start to listen with their ears, and Barney's voice on the Barney doll is heard)
- Barney's voice on the Barney doll: Can I play too?
- Kim: Hmmm. I wonder who said that.
- Carlos: It sounds like Barney!
- Barney: (as he comes to life) You were right Carlos!
- Kids: Barney! (run to hug him)