Riding in Barney's Car is a custom Barney Home Video for Season 3 released on January 4, 1997.
The kids are playing a game called "What If." It works by pretending to do anything they want to with their imagination. To make it more fun, Barney takes them on a ride in the car to different places: The pizza bakery for Chip, The castle for Hannah and Robert, The jungle for Min, Antarctica for Tosha, The beach for Shawn, The campsite for Jason, and the west for Keesha.
- Baby Bop
- Barney Theme Song
- The Land of Make-Believe
- Buckle Up My Seatbelt
- Riding in the Car
- Make the Dough
- Nothing Beats a Pizza
- Castles So High
- Old King Cole
- Jungle Adventure
- The Elephant Song
- Three Little Monkeys
- The Tiger Song
- If All the Raindrops
- The Rainbow Song
- It's C-C-C-Cold BRRRR!
- Winter's Wonderful
- Silly Sounds
- Skating, Skating
- Sledding, Sledding
- That's What an Island Is
- Mister Sun
- Swimming, Swimming
- If I Lived Under the Sea
- My Kite
- Icy, Creamy, Ice Cream
- A Camping We Will Go
- Scary Stories
- The Other Day I Met a Bear
- Wild West Medley: Get Along Little Dogies/Home on the Range/Buffalo Gals
- Turkey in the Straw (Barney's Version)
- It's Good to Be Home
- I Love You
Scenes in the Theme Song with the lyrics of the Theme Song in place they are
- Season 3 Opening Sequence
- Season 3 Opening Scene (Barney is a dinosaur, from our imagination)
- Barney using magic to get his driving hat on (And when he's tall he's what we call)
- Barney singing the line "And we can reach them on our tippy toes" during "The Land of Make-Believe" (A dinosaur sensation)
- Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and the kids making sounds during "Silly Sounds"
- BJ and Baby Bop arrive (Barney's friends are big and small)
- Kids arrive from school gate (They come from lots of places)
- Barney and the kids singing the second verse of "Buckle Up My Seatbelt" (After school, they meet to play and sing with happy faces)
- Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and the kids on the road (Barney shows us lots of things)
- BJ singing "Scary Stories" (Like how to play pretend)
- Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and kids eating pizza (ABC's and 123's)
- Barney helping Chip up (And how to be a friend)
- Barney using magic to turn the toy car into his car (Barney comes to play with us, whenever we may need him)
- Barney hugging Chip during "I Love You" (Barney can be your friend, too)
- Barney doll on tire-swing (from Season 3) with rainbow on it (If you just make-believe him)
- Season 3 title card saying "Riding in Barney's Car".
- Barney has his Season 3 voice and 1995 costume.
- Baby Bop has her Season 3 voice and 1996 costume.
- BJ has his Season 3 voice and 1996 costume.
- The Barney costume from "Barney's 1-2-3-4 Seasons" is used.
- The musical arrangements from "Are We There Yet?" are used.
- This is another episode to have eight kids.
- This is another time something happens to the Barney doll before it comes to life. It's when Chip pushed the pizza car forward with the Barney doll on it, and the doll falls off it.
- When BJ and Baby Bop arrive and BJ says "Hi everybody!", the sound clip is from "Sense-Sational Day", except it was pitched down to -1.
- This is another time Time Lapse is used. It's when Chip ice skates to fast, slips on the ice rink, and falls down. Also,
- This is the first time Chip falls or lays down. This time, after the song "Skating, Skating", he ice skates to fast, slips on the ice rink, and falls down.
- During a scene where Chip is ice skating too fast before he falls down,
- Chip's scream sounds like SpongeBob's from "Krabby Land" (when he gets bubble soap in his eyes).
- When BJ says "Whoo!" after winning an ice hockey game, it sounds like SpongeBob's from "Chimps Ahoy!" (when he scratches his back from the Goofy Goober scratcher).
- January 4, 1997
- September 23, 1999
- December 12, 2002